Code-it Software Solutions
a no nonsense Wyoming, U.S.A enterprise since 1997
HOME > < SOFTWARE > <
SERVICES > < SUPPORT
How to install any of the free software offered...
THE SIMPLE WAY:
The Software Manager allows you to install
“applications” by getting the right “packages” for you, not
only from the repositories (packages databases) but also from
other places on the Internet. Also uninstalling an app is simple as
- Please feel free to contact email@example.com
- From the main menu - Select "Software Manager" that
will open a screen similar to the image below.
- Search for the software apps that interests you - double click
on the app icon then elect to "Install". You can
uninstall it in the same way (if it is installed then the
"Install" option will be changed to
- An alterative way is you can also go to Menu > Package
Manager, type in an application name to search and install a
software package from the repositories.
- BUT WAIT - there's yet another way if you're gett'n into
becoming a "keyboard ninja" you can use the
"terminal" to do the same thing. We'll look at that in
the "Using the Terminal.." tutorial.
- Trying to figure out how to install software that's downloaded
off the iNet is somewhat of a nightmare. There is no conformity
and hard for a newbie to understand. However - unless you need a
real specialized piece of software this is never a problem using
the included "Software Repository".
UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION OF THIS (C) INFORMATION WOULD BE DEEPLY APPRECIATED!